Last June, a man was found dead in an apartment near Broadway and Balsam, apparently after having inhaled fumes from the ecstasy that he was refining on his stove.
The story intrigued me, especially since several people I know had known the man who died, Paul Haden. I wasn’t sure what I would find when I started looking into what happened. It turned out to be a journey with some unexpected turns as I followed Paul’s life. You can read the story here.
I realize that some of you may be profoundly disturbed by the choices Paul made, as some of his friends were, and you will express that. Please do so, but be mindful when making your comments that his family and friends will likely be reading them.